GRU Alumni Parent and Family Connections
Stay connected, be a partner and get involved!
Sending a student to college is a major life event for both families and students. The GRU Parent and Family Connections program is committed to helping you and your student make the most of your years with the university by providing information about campus life, important undergraduate milestones, and newsworthy events.
GRU believes that parent and family support aides student success. The Parent and Family Connections program was formed to help support the student experience at GRU and ensure the success of every student. Whether it’s inspiring your student to take on a leadership position with a campus organization or sending them a reminder about their financial aid deadline, studies show that parent and family involvement increases the chances that a college student will graduate and be successful.
The Parent and Family Connections program helps:
- Foster relationships with the university
- Provide opportunities for involvement in the Jaguar family through special events invitations
- Keep parents and families involved and engaged through timely communications with information on upcoming campus events and key deadlines for students
- Enhance the student experience by building connections with parents and families
- Encourage philanthropy among parents and families to support student scholarships
The Parent and Family Connections program has many opportunities for you to become involved on campus by volunteering, attending events or joining the Parent and Family Advisory Committee, which helps provide insight and new program ideas. Interested? Contact us at 706.737.1759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.