The Alumni Association provides awards to outstanding alumni each year that exemplify dedication to their field, as well as the university. Scroll down below to nominate an alumnus for a Distinguished Alumni award, to nominate alumni for the Jag20 Emerging Leaders award (under the age of 40) please view the Jag20 page here.
Distinguished Alumni Awards
Each year during Alumni Weekend, distinguished alumni from each college are honored for their dedication to the university and their chosen fields. Through these awards, the Alumni Association expresses its deep appreciation and admiration to alumni who bring honor not only to their alma mater, but also their communities, states, the nation, and the world.
Distinguished Alumni Awards are presented annually in recognition of exemplary dedication to the advancement of the honoree’s profession, community and the Georgia Regents University community. Eligible nominees are college graduates or resident graduates from the Georgia Regents University, or one of its legacy institutions (Augusta College, Augusta State University, Georgia Health Sciences University or the Medical College of Georgia), who exhibited one or more of the following:
1. Made outstanding contributions to their chosen profession
2. Made an impact in professional organizations or community activities locally, nationally, or internationally
3. Demonstrated high professional standards and dedication
4. Provided consultation to colleagues in area of expertise
5. Exhibited outstanding dedication to the advancement of the Georgia Regents University furthering the education of its current students.
Nominations are now open for the 2016 Distinguished Alumni Awards that will be honored during the 2016 Alumni Weekend celebration, April 28 - May 1.
Nominate an alumnus